Forum

Welcome, Log in or Register
Hello there,

I would like to suggest to implement a presentation mode.
My use of this awesome tool goes beyond the use as a reference tool. Especially for my scientific work, where I often have to jump back and forth between layout plans and field records, the program has proven to be very helpful! Now I would like to use it for my presentations as well, where often plans and pictures have to be zoomed in. Therefore a mode for easy presentation of several pictures and compilations would be fantastic!

I imagine the mode to be very simple:
Once all pictures have been imported and placed, you choose your starting position, click on the corresponding tool and assign the first "waypoint" (e.g. simply "no. 01"), repeat this with all other views until the end of your presentation and finish it.
In the presentation mode, the order of the views is scrolled with clicks, e.g. as with PowerPoint. (At least for me there is no equirement for fancy animations.)
But you should always have the possibility to zoom in and out.

Last but not least I would like to praise this brilliant program once again. I have already recommended PurRef to my colleagues and they were also enthusiastic about it!

Best regards,
Simon
Admin
Do you see it as a function similar to "Focus Next Image" except that the waypoints are user configurable?

Glad to hear you like PureRef and thanks for spreading the word!
Yes, exactly!

It would be enough if one could insert "empty frames" around the scenes you want to navigate to. So you can give those frames numbers which the "Focus Next Image"-Function then follows.
Admin
Alright, yeah that could be a useful feature. We'll see what we can do for future versions of PureRef, can't promise anything but we'll keep it in mind!

Thank you for the suggestion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-05 01:00 by PureRef.
A simpler-to-implement version of this idea might be to cycle through the selected images, but without necessarily having to specify the order.
Ex: I select 5 images and when I press the arrows, it cycles those 5 images only. For those who organise their boards by categories with the very convenient Ctrl+P, it would be real nice to drag-select a category/subject and view its content. I know that would be a major improvement in the way I use Pureref.
To meet the original idea of Simon, maybe the order of the cycling follows a logic, like Left to right and top to bottom. So if you want to do a presentation, you place them - in order - then simply select and cycle.
@fred_t: Hmm, this actually what was implemented in Version 1.11.0 August 6rd 2020 with the "Slidshow selection" (Alt-S), minus the "cycling" logic. (If you select more than one image it only cycles those.)
The "logic" right now is not yet clear to me, it is not order of "being clicked" or in terms of the Pureref internal "layering" the "from topmost picture to bottom" and also not "last added... To me it feels quite random, even thought it is a fixed order.
You're right! That's exactly what I needed ;)
Admin
@Simon: Thanks for linking it here! We'll look into making the order more obvious for upcoming iterations. :) Currently it is supposed to be the order of addition, but there might be something that goes wrong with that when you limit it to a selection.
@Pureref
IMO, order of addition means that it is a bit difficult to reorder. Coordinates on the canvas would be much easier for the user. It could follow the same convention as reading a book (Top to Bottom, Left to Right) so anyone would grasp the logic instantly.
Actually a better analogy would be: reading a comic book. Images can be of different sizes and the layout varies from page to page, but logic of T to B and L to R works.
I believe that would be "limited selection" friendly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-12 17:26 by fred_t.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login