June 10th 2017
- Tweak - Added settings for adjusting the right click move threshold and the width of the resize border handle to make it easier to use with tablets on high res screens.
- Tweak - Mac: Delete is now properly mapped to backspace by default.
- Tweak - Added setting to auto load the last opened scene on startup.
- Fix - Pressing delete with nothing selected no longer adds an undo command.
- Fix - Windows: PureRef should no longer look for config files on the D: drive on startup.
- Fix - Fixed issue where PureRef wouldn't restart propertly after an update.
- Fix - PureRef now asks for save before updating when having unsaved changes in the scene.
- Fix - Pasting from external sources ends up under the cursor again instead of the center of the scene.
- Fix - The text in message and error dialogs are now selectable and copyable.
May 27th 2017
- Fix - The Always On Top and Always On Bottom features should now be saved properly between restarts.
- Fix - Fixed issue where PureRef could get stuck outside the screen when the desktop geometry changed.
- Fix - The color picker now only closes when focus returns to PureRef.
- Fix - Mac, Linux: Fixed pasting, including pasting between PureRef instances.
- Fix - Fixed size calculation of right click menu when it is close to the screen edge.
- Fix - Paste now propertly retains the Z-value of the copied selection.
- Fix - Fixed color picking outside of PureRef on multi monitor setups.
- Fix - Mac: Fixed so that PureRef works on OS X 10.9+ instead of 10.11+.
- Fix - Linux: Fixed issue where PureRef would get wrong permissions after using the auto updater.
May 6th 2017
- Feature - Toggle grayscale on selected images(ALT+G).
- Feature - Toggle grayscale mode on the entire scene(CTRL+ALT+G).
- Feature - Added Reset Camera Zoom.(CTRL+SHIFT+G)
- Feature - Paste now works properly between PureRef instances, all image data and metadata is now sent to the receiving instance.
- Feature - Color picking now works outside the PureRef window.
- Feature - Dragging html or pasting an url will now try to load all images on that webpage or html snippet.
- Feature - Added option Normalize Size which will normalize the scale of images depending on their orientation.(CTRL+ALT+UP)
- Tweak - Better neighbour snapping when alignment padding is set to a high number.
- Tweak - Better scale that does not invert the image sometimes.
- Tweak - Added a "copy to clipboard" button in the color picker.
- Tweak - The color picker will now automatically select the color when the mouse button is released.
- Tweak - Cropping an image now also rotates the bounding box.
- Tweak - Pressing escape while editing a note will now finish editing.
- Tweak - PureRef will now show a lock icon when the window is attempted to be moved while locked.
- Tweak - Drag drop from firefox now support transparency the same way as chrome does.
- Tweak - "Resize to selection" now moves the PureRef window to where the selection was before the action.
- Fix - The depth value of images should now be properly saved and undoable.
- Fix - Fixed so master opacity works in overlay mode.
- Fix - Fixed issue where cancelling a load would sometimes crash.
- Fix - Fixed issue where the save warning wouldn't pop up sometimes.
- Fix - Fixed a bug where loading local images would fail if the file ending of the image was incorrect. (png instead of jpg for example).
- Fix - Fixed issue with images being deselected when transitioning from an edit command.
- Fix - Packing a selection with child notes no longer moves the selection every time pack is triggered.
- Fix - Undoing add / delete does no longer add the item to the current selection.
- Fix - Fixed so that it is possible to perform Save As directly after a load again.
- Fix - Re-added missing shortcut text in warning dialogs.
- Fix - Fixed issue where PureRef would not instantly move when click-dragged, which resulted in a strange move offset to the cursor.
- Fix - Mac: Fixed wrong order of global mouse buttons.
- Fix - Global keybindings should now work more reliably.
- Fix - Fixed an issue where a PureRef window with a size bigger than the screen would be moved outside the screen instead of into it.
- Fix - Fixed a crash when rebinding move window to left mouse button.
- Fix - Fixed issue with num lock blocking input.
- Fix - Windows: Fixed issue where global keybindings would stop working after locking windows.
- Fix - Fixed issue with "Select New" setting not being saved correctly.
- Fix - Fixed issue where moving the window would sometimes not work when quickly transitioning to the window from another application.
- Fix - Fixed issue where notes rotation would sometimes not reset correctly on undo.
- Fix - Allow saving even if no change has happened, to be able to save the current camera position.
- Fix - Fixed super sensitive controls for changing image opacity when zoomed out.
- Fix - Made it possible to undo note text changes.
- Fix - Canceling loading a lot of images from a webpage now works correctly.
- Fix - Fixed issue where the window size would sometimes be saved incorrectly after maximizing the window.
- Fix - The setting "Scale scene on window resize" will now work properly along with maximize on all platforms.
- Fix - Improved the way PureRef windows are moved into the screen area if it for some reason is located outside all screens.
- Fix - Mac: Fixed pinch zoom.
- Known bug - Overlay mode has been disabled on OS X due to issues making it not work properly.
September 3rd 2016
- Feature - It is now possible to bind mouse buttons in the keybinder.
- Feature - Entries in the keybinder can now have multiple keybindings assigned to them using the +("Add alias") button.
- Feature - Optimal packing has been improved with a new algorithm and can be retriggered for a different result.
- Feature - Neigbour snapped move(SHIFT+SPACE+LMB).
- Feature - It is now possible to zoom inside the cropping of an image.(SHIFT+V+LMB)
- Feature - It is now possible to pan inside the cropping of an image.(V+LMB)
- Feature - Added a search field in the keybinder.
- Feature - Added commandline interface.
- Feature - Added commandline option, --settings to specify a custom settings path. This can be used to run multiple instances of PureRef with different settings.
- Feature - Added commandline option, --brute-force. This can be used to brute force load all images in a corrupt .pur file, skipping all metadata.
- Feature - Added setting to toggle bilinear sampling on a per image basis.(ALT+T)
- Feature - Added setting to disable automatic bring to front when selecting images.
- Feature - Added send to back and bring to front.(UP/DOWN ARROW)
- Feature - It is now possible to batch rename images when exporting them from PureRef.
- Fix - Fixed issue with corrupt save files on failing/full disks or bad network drive connections.
- Fix - Packing subnotes now behave less strangely.
- Fix - The "Export All Images" action now works again.
- Fix - Fixed crash when editing note colors.
- Fix - Setting the "Maximized above taskbar" setting should now save properly.
- Change - The setting for MMB functionality has been removed from the preferences and can now instead be set in the keybinder.
November 21st 2015
- Feature - Added Reset Transform(CTRL+SHIFT+T) action.
- Tweak - Copy/paste to another program will now use the source resolution if only one image is selected.
- Tweak - Greatly improved the responsiveness of the touch controls.
- Tweak - Better scaling of gui elements for desktops with gui scaling enabled.
- Fix - Fixed issue where maximize would save its size until next start up.
- Fix - Saves with missing linked images will now overwrite the old save file correctly.
- Fix - Images with a faulty filename suffix will now load correctly.
- Fix - It is no longer possible to reset camera position in overlay mode.
- Fix - Fixed issue with saving through the warning dialog before a load or clear.
- Fix - Fixed issue with color picker on transparent images.
- Fix - Improved accuracy of zoom.
October 3rd 2015
- Feature - Added Overlay mode(CTRL+Y). A mode which makes PureRef even more slim, letting your images float around on your screen freely, without a background.
- Feature - Added option to set the behaviour of the scroll wheel between zoom, pan or nothing (for users with mouses supporting x and y scrolling like the mac magic mouse).
- Feature - Added zoom canvas option to scroll click settings.
- Feature - Added "Arrange By" option in the arrange menu to arrange images by name or addition.
- Feature - PureRef now supports SSL(HTTPS) image sources.
- Feature - It is now possible to add global notes.
- Feature - Added Always On Bottom mode(CTRL+SHIFT+B).
- Feature - Added Auto Downscale option to downscale large images and avoid excessive RAM usage.
- Feature - Added option to set the arrange method used when adding items to the scene.
- Feature - Added option to set if the scene should scale when the window is resized.
- Feature - Implemented support for the Windows taskbar, showing progress and buttons for settings and toggling mouse transarency/overlay modes.
- Tweak - All loading operations have been greatly improved by making them threaded. This also makes it much more intuitive to abort operations.
- Tweak - Save and load progress has been improved. Loaded images will now pop in as they are loaded.
- Tweak - It is now possible to move PureRef and navigate the scene while images are loading.
- Tweak - Notes are now a bit easier to handle and multiple notes can be selected and transformed at once. They will also no longer be affected by form changing transformations to the parent.
- Tweak - Restructured the right click menu to make it more compact.
- Tweak - If nothing is selected when an arrange option is selected PureRef will arrange all images.
- Tweak - Flipping now always flips horizontally or vertically independent of rotation.
- Tweak - Added the Select All option to the right click menu.
- Tweak - The Open Source action now works on the current selection.
- Fix - Locking the canvas no longer clears the selection.
- Fix - It is no longer possible to edit unselected notes when in text editing mode.
- Fix - Snapped drag no longer glitches depending on where you start the drag.
- Fix - Fixed issue where saves would always be fully resaved after setting to not embed local files.
- Fix - Copy & paste now works between PureRef instances again.
- Fix - Resize to selection is now blocked in maximized mode.
- Fix - Notes now longer accepts rich text, which wouldn't be saved anyway.
- Fix - Fixed issue with glitchy zoom after focusing images with the arrow keys.
- Fix - Fixed so that the border of PureRef is visible against the canvas background.
- Fix - Fixed rare crash after multiple saves.
February 14th 2015
- Feature - Added auto save functionality.
- Feature - Added option to not embed local images into .pur save files.
- Feature - Added first time setup dialog.
- Feature - Added axis aligned movement(SHIFT+Drag).
- Feature - "Resize To Selection" action added(CTRL+SHIFT+R).
- Feature - Added hotkeys for changing master opacity(CTRL++/-).
- Feature - Added option to lock window position and size(CTRL+W).
- Tweak - Copy & paste within PureRef has been improved and will no longer increase RAM usage or combine pictures into one.
- Tweak - The minimum size of PureRef is now 50x50px.
- Tweak - Keyboard + mouse zoom now also considers the mouse start position when zooming.
- Tweak - The color selection for notes now remember the last selected colors.
- Tweak - Better touch screen navigation.
- Tweak - More navigation allowed in locked mode.
- Tweak - The currently open .pur filename will now show in the window title / taskbar.
- Tweak - Better initial placement of notes.
- Tweak - Added option to save the scene in the unsaved warning dialog as well as a "Don't show again" option.
- Tweak - Better progress display and cleanup in case of aborted loading.
- Fix - Small memory leak when deleting images.
- Fix - Fixed buggy context menu on mac.
- Fix - Fixed issue where the unsaved warning would show up right after load if you only had one image.
- Fix - Fixed issue where it sometimes would not work to "open with" in windows.
- Fix - Fixed issue where rebound global hotkeys would not work.
- Fix - Fixed broken resize in OS X 10.10.
September 14th 2014
- Fix - Resolved a bug where the canvas would not be redrawn properly in some cases.
September 14th 2014
- Feature - It is now possible to load images via the right click menu.
- Feature - Added option for exporting the current selection.
- Feature - Added additional arrange option "Stack".
- Feature - Added option to select and pack new images as soon as they are dropped into PureRef, enabled by default.
- Feature - PureRef now also supports DDS, ICNS, MNG, JP2 and WEBP image formats.
- Tweak - Added rough initial support for touch controls.
- Tweak - Increased the thickness of the resize border.
- Tweak - Keyboard panning and zooming as well as color/coordinate picking is now allowed while the canvas is locked.
- Fix - The saving / loading is now more robust.
- Fix - A case where the packing would miss an item has been fixed.
- Fix - Next / previous image does no longer select text items.
- Fix - It is now possible to copy values from the color/coordinate picker.
- Fix - PureRef should no longer fall behind windowed fullscreen applications when in Always On Top mode.
July 3rd 2014
- Fix - Bug where the save files would get corrupted in some cases when using notes and cropping.
June 26th 2014
- Feature - Notes: It is now possible to add notes in customizable colors and sizes to an image(CTRL+N).
- Feature - Added setting to change the behaviour of scroll click; delete or pan.
- Feature - Reset cropping(CTRL+SHIFT+C).
- Feature - Option to open image location, both for local and remote files(CTRL+SHIFT+O).
- Feature - Color picking(S+Mouse).
- Feature - Image coordinate picking(D+Mouse).
- Optimization - Rewrote saving: Added image compression within the save file.
- Tweak - The "Export Images" now has an option to export the images with or without cropping.
- Tweak - Pasted images now end up under the mouse or where the right click menu was opened.
- Fix - Improved detection of actions which had no effect and should not be saved in the undo stack.
- Build - PureRef is now also available as a 32bit version for Windows.
May 20th 2014
- Feature - Arrange menu: Alignment options for aligning the current selection left/right/up/down(CTRL+left/right/up/down).
- Feature - Arrange menu: It is now possible to normalize the height/width of the current selection(CTRL+ALT+left/right).
- Feature - Arrange menu: Packing can now be applied on the current selection, called "Optimal" under the align menu(CTRL+P).
- Feature - Added shortcut for selecting all items(CTRL+A).
- Tweak - The customize window is now a bit larger.
- Tweak - Moved the default shortcut for always on top mode to(CTRL+SHIFT+A).
- Fix - Improved drag&drop support for Chrome.
- Fix - Drag&drop .pur files now works again.
May 1st 2014
- Feature - Cropping(Mouse+C).
- Feature - Packing functionality(CTRL+P). Automatically stack images as close together as possible.
- Feature - Reset camera(CTRL+G).
- Feature - Mouse transparency mode(CTRL+T). Enabling this mode will make mouse events fall through PureRef. Can be used to paint through a transparent PureRef window.
- Feature - Zooming with the mouse(Z+Mouse).
- Feature - Key bindings for changing color presets(ALT+0, 1, 2...).
- Feature - It is now possible to bind the keys for drag actions.
- Feature - Added "Recent Files" quick access menu under the load menu.
- Feature - Key binding to load the most recently loaded save file(CTRL+SHIFT+L).
- Feature - Double clicking an empty canvas will now open load.
- Feature - Color settings for the selection rectangle.
- Feature - Master opacity settings.
- Feature - Glass theme preset.
- Feature - Option for locking the canvas.
- Feature - Option for disabling image borders or show borders only on selected images.
- Feature - Option for setting how many actions to save in the redo history.
- Feature - Option to set whether PureRef should take focus after dropping an image or not.
- Feature - Option to set whether PureRef should be on top of the taskbar in maximized mode or not.
- Feature - Export scene now has a settings window. Because of this the export view action has been removed.
- Feature - Pan with only right mouse button if PureRef is in fullscreen mode.
- Tweak - It is now possible to pan outside the canvas a bit.
- Tweak - Focusing on an image that was already focused will return to the camera position before the first focus.
- Tweak - Background color now only affects the main window, the help/about/customize window gets their background color from the menu background color and shares it with the right click menu.
- Tweak - New, less bloated color picker.
- Tweak - New, more relevant help dialog after key bindings was added.
- Tweak - The .ini file for PureRef will now be stored in the AppData folder to avoid permission problems.
- Tweak - Fullscreen mode is now remembered between sessions.
- Tweak - Drawing performance optimizations.
- Fix - Actions that made no change to the scene will no longer be saved.
- Fix - Transformations will now work correctly even after optimize canvas.
- Fix - The focus next/previous image actions now continues from the last selected image.
- Fix - Resize arrows will no longer show up when a window is maximized.
September 6th 2013
- Tweak - Pasted images now end up on the position of the last click instead of in the middle of the canvas.
- Fix - Better drop support for chrome.
August 21th 2013
- Fix - Minimize is now working as it should.
August 18th 2013
- Fix - Crash that would occur after clearing the scene and then using the "Focus Next Image" feature.
- Fix - The export menu can now be seen again.
- Fix - Lots of bugs in the key bindings.
August 17th 2013
- Feature - Functionality for cycling through images with the arrow keys.
- Feature - It is now possible to customize all key bindings in the customize window.
- Feature - Support for global key bindings.
- Tweak - The border of a selected image is now slightly thicker.
- Tweak - The auto updater is now slightly bigger.
- Fix - Scaling to fast will no longer sometimes invert the image.
- Known bug - After minimizing the window the gui will now longer redraw, this is a bug in qt which is fixed in an upcoming release.
July 4th 2013
- Feature - Option for disabling automatic update-check.
- Fix - Bug where the program would not exit cleanly sometimes.
June 30th 2013
- Feature - Support for Adobe Photoshop files (.psd)
- Feature - Changelog in the updater.
June 29th 2013
- Fix - Always on top now works again.
- Fix - Memory leak when deleting images.