Forum

Welcome, Log in or Register
Any chance for a quick command to auto-adjust dark images (like video screen caps) on the program itself rather than shifting to a separate image editor like Photoshop first?
This is not something we have planned to add but we will add it to our list of requested features!

Thanks for the suggestion.
Any news on adding this feature?

I would only like to suggest to not do the automatic stuff but instead if possible to implement very basic common controls like contrast, brightness, exposure, etc. Maybe levels, gamma...etc.
Basically, really anything that will allow you to quickly adjust the image in case it is too dark or bright so simple controls are enough, no need to go for Photoshop level of complexity.

Additionally, it would be cool to have something like "reset to default" command to be able to revert back to the original image colors.

Thanks.
The reason we're a bit reserved to add features like this is because we want to focus on displaying references and not become an image editing software since so many other such software do it better. With that said, as you say, it might be beneficial for reference viewing if you could tweak some basic things quickly. We'll definitely keep it as a note in our backlog and consider if there's a place for this feature in future PureRef versions.

Thanks for letting us know it is something you would find useful!
I also have the same needs. Sometimes my reference pictures are too dark. If I use Photoshop adjustment to export again, it will be a bit cumbersome. So I hope pureref can provide some simple image adjustment functions. Thank you for your efforts!
keyi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any news on adding this feature?
>
> I would only like to suggest to not do the
> automatic stuff but instead if possible to
> implement very basic common controls like
> contrast, brightness, exposure, etc. Maybe levels,
> gamma...etc.
> Basically, really anything that will allow you to
> quickly adjust the image in case it is too dark or
> bright so simple controls are enough, no need to
> go for Photoshop level of complexity.
>
> Additionally, it would be cool to have something
> like "reset to default" command to be able to
> revert back to the original image colors.
>
> Thanks.

Is there any possibility to add this to new version of PureRef at some point?
I really think it would be very useful to have very basic control like this. At work (and home) i use PureRef all the time and reference photos can be all over the place when it comes to brightness/exposure but there are often certain references that have a bit stronger shadow to see the details properly or low exposure overall...the only way is to bring it to some app like Photoshop and manually adjust it and then bring back again to PureRef. There can be few images but also can be 50 or more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-03 06:19 by keyi.
It won't be in 2.0 unfortunately but we have noted your interest and we'll see what we can do in future versions!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login