Forum

Welcome, Log in or Register
Pureref losing all images (was not have enough disk space when saving). Is there a way to restore data?
link to file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwIBMkGrffZrRXctOG9ERFRZS3M/view?usp=sharing
Sorry for the slow response, we have had some issues with the forums not notifying us properly.

When PureRef saves, it first makes a backup file, if the saving then fails, the backup should still be on disk. Look for a file that is called the same as your scene but ends with .old. If you find it, all you have to do is remove the .old extension in the file name and it should work.

If you don't have this file PureRef has functionality to forcefully load images from a partially saved scene. You can do this by specifying the command line flag -b. Open a command prompt and run PureRef like this: "PureRef.exe -b path/to/your/save.pur"

Hope this helps, if not let us know and we'll try to help you further.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 20:27 by PureRef.
Hello!

I tried deleting the old back up, but the pictures still don't show up. As well, I searched using cmd as well but it says that the system cannot find the path specified.

It was a very important file and I lost a lot of saved pictures. Please help me out recover them
Don't delete the backup :( If you still have it, or the broken file, and are able to share it with us, send us a contact message on the support page and we'll try to help you as much as we can.

To run the force load with the example command we wrote above you have to be in the same folder as PureRef.exe, which usually is under Program Files.
I still have both. I made a copy of the backup just to be sure

And working in cmd is complicated for me so i probably did something wrong anyway.

I will send you both of the files now, thank you!

Edit --

I realised I did not read what to do with the back up file properly. I deleted the .old extension and it works now. Sorry for troubling you! And thank you very much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-20 21:58 by anapopescu24.
Glad to hear you managed to sort it out!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login