Forum

Welcome, Log in or Register
Hey there. I love PureRef. It's a truly unique tool and I love to use it for moodboarding for film projects.

I would absolutely love if there was support for animated gifs. It would make a huge difference in the quality of my moodboards and I'm sure many other users would appreciate it as well. I've searched for it and it seems many users have asked for this before me.

At this point, I'm willing to pay for it as I really need to that feature. Is there a particular amount that would help to make a priority for you guys?
I second this. Would pay for this feature as well. Option to store short cycled videos would be awesome too.
Honestly, same here. As a gamedev/3d animator, a lot of the references I need either need to convey movement or have moving parts. GIF support would be awesome and I'd even consider donating for it.
I registered on these forums to request this feature. Turns out there's already a thread.
On May 2020 we got an official response to this feature request, here: https://www.pureref.com/forum/read.php?3,1900,1900#msg-1900

Looks like they want to do it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
also hoping that this feature can be built into pureref and very willing to pay. Hoping that this software hasn't been abandoned.
Well I'm currently working on a version of an image ref like pure ref that adds animated gif support, video files support, and it's open source, I'm a cs student and I don't really make money, I don't plan to make any from it but I'll go for the same model, I just needed that gif support while I was working on animations and wanted to replicate animations, I also added font selection options, and I plan on making a tabs like in web browsers, and also on video drop, you get a trim selection option that I works already and I also plan on making an option to take the video and break it into frames, oh and I'm about to add snapping and the rectangle selection box, I will be happy to share more if it's okay with the devs of pureRef, like another person said here, they don't seem to support their project anymore and I needed something like that so I've stepped in
anyway I hope to be done with it by next month, the name of the app itself is for now called, 'betterRef'
oh and also depending on it's success, I will make it into a website that multiple people could use, like using the same board and interact with it together at the same time
Sorry for the long wait, we've just released a beta of PureRef 2.0 that includes support for animated gifs, if you want to give it a try you can download it on the download page!
damn gif support looks really good, really thought it was dead that I got my own thing up XD, you should try collabing with pinterest or art station and implement their api within your app, this way the app could get constant support and u could sell your product or get into bigger deals
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login