Forum

Welcome, Log in or Register
I'm working from a macbook pro when I'm on the go, and sometimes having a mouse with me isn't viable. Is there anyway to assign my pan keybinding to the trackpad so that I can 'scroll' around my board, rather than the zoom function it seems to be automatically assigned to?
Admin
Yes! There is a setting in the settings dialog called "Scroll wheel functionality". Set that to Pan Canvas and it should work like you want it.
Thank you so much! This worked perfectly.
PureRef Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes! There is a setting in the settings dialog
> called "Scroll wheel functionality". Set that to
> Pan Canvas and it should work like you want it.

This works perfectly fine but now I can't zoom in except if with 'Command + pan-gesture"?
What I like about the trackpad is that it works on a window even without being on focus, as a .2cents suggestion it would be amazing to have pan slide gesture and pinch gesture zoom all available at the same time.
Admin
@Alej: What hardware are you using? And which version of PureRef? With this setting on a mac trackpad both pan and pinch gestures should work!
Alright! My bad.
Latest Catalina, Magic Trackpad, lates PureRef:
Pinching does zoom in/out, two finger dragging pans all good!

Thanks for the followup.

EDIT: Ok I understand better what was going on. For panning AND pinching to work the window has to be focused. If it is not focused (i.e. clicked or tapped on it first), pinching doesn't work.
That's normal OSX behaviour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-15 00:06 by Alej.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login