PureRef Download Forum Support
Whenever I open PureRef it goes full screen and the only way out is to quit.

When I check the menus, all that's checked is "Lock window", but I can't unlock it because it's grayed out.

When I open pureref by double clicking a file, it opens the file full screen.

I have no idea how this happened. It's never happened before.

It would be nice if there were a way to zero all settings, or reset to default or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-06 22:46 by PureRef.
The maximized state of PureRef is saved between restarts, but you have probably tried Ctrl+F to disable it already. The option for locked window shouldn't ever be grayed out so it sounds a bit strange.

The settings file for PureRef is located under C:/Users/<user>/AppData/Roaming/PureRef.ini on windows, just remove that to reset all settings.
Any idea where that would sit on a mac? The user file structure is different. I searched for "PureRef.ini" and it didn't return anything.
On mac it should be located under /Users/<username>/.config/PureRef.ini
Nope. No .config folder.
Folders and files starting with a . are hidden by default in the Finder, it should be there if you use the terminal to look for it:

To view the files in .config type:
ls /Users/<username>/.config/

And then to delete the PureRef.ini:
rm /Users/<username>/.config/PureRef.ini

If you still cant find it you can try to use the terminal to look for it:
sudo /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb
locate PureRef.ini
That file didn't exist in that location.

I did find these two files, and deleting them seems to have fixed the issue:

Hard Drive/users/Username/LibrarySaved application state/pureref.app-id.savedState

and

Hard Drive/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/com.apple.sharedfilelist/com.apple.LSSharedFileList.ApplicationRecentDocuments/pureref.app-id.sfl
Thank you for reporting your findings, those files are not something we know of so maybe it is part of some OS X feature. What version of OS X are you running?
I'm running 10.11.3

If there's any other information that would help you, let me know.
Alright, thank you. We will look into it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login