Forum

Welcome, Log in or Register
I updated pureref today.

When i load images into it now it takes 30 seconds for images that arent even that large, this used to be much faster.

Another issue is that pureref now loads the full file into ram? it used to be much more efficient and seemed to offload images that were out of bounds, cause i dont remember these files taking this much ram in the past. Has something changed?

Is there a setting i can change to dynamically scale the ram needed if it's zoomed in on 5 images, so it can ignore most of the other 300+ images?
Nothing should have changed between 1.10 and 1.11 in both these areas but it sounds very strange that it would take 30 seconds for a small image, if you area able to share the problematic image/scene with us we would love to take a look.

For the RAM usage, PureRef always keeps all images loaded and this is something that we want to try to improve for future versions, but as said it shouldn't have changed unless something is wrong. If you have time maybe you can try it with the previous version (you can get it here for now: https://www.pureref.com/files/oldver.php?file=PureRef-1.10.4_x64.zip) and see if there's a difference, would be super helpful for us to know!

If you updated from 1.9 though the RAM usage will be a bit higher, and you can change that back to how it was by changing the setting called "Zoom Quality" to "Low".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0oWMKLdsYo&feature=youtu.be

this Youtube vid is an example of what happens, even on a new file

I tried that "old version" and it also seems to be lagging hard.
How can i check an about page or something to see if the open Pureref is correct?

I even uninstalled the old version and deleted the settings and its still super slow.

My pc is as fast as it has ever been and nothing has changed,so I'm baffled as to why this would be so slow...
It used to be super fast for pureref

is there an even older version i can try?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-09 12:50 by Rosalhymn.
i reinstalled the latest one and now it seems to be working, really weird
Glad to hear you got it sorted, but weird indeed, we'll keep an eye out for possible reasons and if there's something we can do to avoid it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login