Forum

Welcome, Log in or Register
I would like to make request for Canvas Preset & Custom Dimensions.

Preset would allow us to set / use preset canvas ratio and dimensions which would make great use for making presentations for different kind of output. Also the ability to set custom dimension would also be welcomed.

Applications like photoshop, illustrator, indesign and many more have these kind of preset like print, web, display, video.

In addition to this it would be nice if we had canvasses. Like artboards in photoshop or illustrator.
The idea of PureRef is to provide a limitless canvas so that you only have to care about sizes when exporting the scene. Could you give some example on how this would be used?
Well currently resizing canvas works weird. One needs to move objects around and than the canvas auto adjusts its size. W can narrow the canvas with a command, thats is handy. But there is no input for resizing it.

I think a lot people use this app for presentations. So if we can have preset canvas size and custom input for dimensions this would help and take extra work needed to crop in an external application.

Another thing which i mention was multiple canvasses. You could see this as one big canvas with either sub-canvas which are limited by either the preset sizes or custom dimensions.

Is this explanation clear of do you need images as example?

EDIT
as images say more than words. Here's is an example of artboards from photoshop. See them as canvases in 1 single file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nbh2gr9on3eq9p/example_artboards.png?raw=1
Here you see current method, everything is one single canvas or artboard. i would love to be able to divide them

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akxlrpsoqm98ez0/example-current.png?raw=1
There has been requests for grouping images which we're looking into. Would that be similar to what you would like? The general idea is to be able to create a group with a custom title and background that you could drag images into and then move the group as one image.
If they also can be exported as groups i guess its basically the same idea.

Also would be nice if you can than cycle through the groups like we currently can do with images.
Alright, we'll keep your suggestions in mind for the groups then.

Thank you for the detailed suggestions!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login